Mediterranean chicken and rice is one of my favorite easy meals to make. If you can shake seasonings up in a bag with liquid, and cook some chicken up in a pan you can make this meal. It's relatively low effort and is really tasty. The Variable sides section can be adjusted per your intake needs as well so this makes a good cut meal.
Total servings: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Marinade time: ~45 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours (rice), 15 minutes (chicken) | Total Time: 2 hours
Nutrition facts per meal (with sides): 1095 calories, 92g protein, 121g carbs, 25g fat
Rice cooker (or not if you want to baby sit it)
- chicken breast (raw) (2 lbs, approx 907g), (1496 calories, 281g protein, 0g carbs, 32g fat)
- lemon (2 per 2 lbs meat), (34 calories, 1g protein, 10g carbs, 0g fat)
- olive oil (1 tablespoon, approx 14g), (120 calories, 0g protein, 0g carbs, 14g fat)
- white vinegar (1 tablespoon) (negligible nutrition facts)
- coconut oil (1 tablespoon, approx 14g), (117 calories, 0g protein, 0g carbs, 14g fat)
- turmeric (1/2 tablespoon)
- garlic granules (1/4 tablespoon)
- onion granules (1/4 tablespoon)
- dried dill (1/4 tablespoon
- crushed red pepper (to your preference)
- cayenne pepper (1/4 teaspoon or to your preference)
- salt (1 teaspoon)
- pepper (1 teaspoon)
Nutrition total: 1766 calories, 282g protein, 10g carbs, 60g fat
Nutrition per meal: 442 calories, 70g protein, 3g carbs, 15g fat
- brown rice (cooked) (10 cups, approx 1950g), (2160 calories, 50g protein, 450g carbs, 18g fat)
- Spicy greek yogurt sauce (455 calories, 40g protein, 21g carb, 22g fat)
- hummus (whatever your favorite brand is)
- pita bread
- assorted diced veggies
Nutrition total: 2615 calories, 89g protein, 471g carbs, 40g fat
Nutrition per meal: 654 calories, 22g protein, 118g carbs, 10g fat
- Start cooking the brown rice, I recommend the mediterranean blend noted here:
- Juice the lemons.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and vinegar to your zip-top bag.
- Add all spices, close the bag, and shake to combine.
- Trim chicken and place in bag, you may wish to pound chicken thin if especially thick.
- Make sure all of the chicken breasts are covered by the marinade. Place the bag in a large bowl, and place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Once the brown rice is nearly done remove the chicken from the bag and dry on paper towels, pat dry any excess liquid.
- Heat a frying pan and add the coconut oil, once oil is hot add chicken breast.
- Cook until internal temperature of chicken is equal to 165 degrees.
- Let rest for 3 minutes, then dice into either strips or chunks, your choice.
- Plate the brown rice, and hummus (if eating), top with chicken, veggies and cover in the greek yogurt sauce