Turkey sloppy joes are easy, relatively fast, and very simple to add calories on to with a variety of sides. They're great as leftovers and each meal can feel different depending on which sides you choose to eat with it. It's also a decent meal for cutting.
Total servings: 4 without sides, 4 with sides
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
Nutrition facts per meal (with sides): 1811 calories, 92g protein, 271g carbs, 41g fat
Small skillet (if eating sides)
- ground turkey breast (raw) (2 lbs, approx 900g), (952 calories, 206g protein, 0g carbs, 12g fat)
- yellow onion (1 per 1.5 lbs of meat, approx 200g), (80 calories, 2g protein, 16g carbs, 0g fat)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz, 425g), (140 calories, 0g protein, 28g carbs, 0g fat)
- soy sauce (1 teaspoon)
- worcestershire sauce (1-2 tablespoons or to taste)
- ketchup (1/2 cup, 128g), (120 calories, 0g protein, 24g carbs, 0g fat)
- tomato paste (1 tbsp, 16g), (13 calories, 0g protein, 3g carbs, 0g fat)
- 4 cloves garlic minced (negligible nutrition facts)
- coconut oil (1 tablespoon, approx 14g), (117 calories, 0g protein, 0g carbs, 14g fat)
- thin buns (8) (800 calories, 40g protein, 176g carbs, 8g fat)
- garlic granules (1 teaspoon)
- onion granules (1 teaspoon)
- cayenne pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
Nutrition total: 2206 calories, 248g protein, 216g carbs, 34g fat
Nutrition per meal: 551 calories, 62g protein, 54g carbs, 9g fat
- Sweet potato fries (4 bags, approx 504g each), (3360 calories, 24g protein, 576g carbs, 120g fat)
- spicy baked beans (4 cans, approx 2 cups, 455g each), (1680 calories, 96g protein, 292g carbs, 8g fat)
Nutrition total: 5040 calories, 120g protein, 868 carbs, 128g fat
Nutrition per meal: 1260 calories, 30g protein, 217g carbs, 32g fat
- Start by heating up the pan, dicing the yellow onion, and mincing the garlic.
- Once the pan is hot add the coconut oil, when nearly smoking add ground turkey breast and use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Once turkey has lost most pink color add the yellow onion.
- When the turkey is no longer pink and onion has started to become translucent add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, tomato paste, mined garlic, and spices. Mix well.
- Turn down the heat to simmer so there is a small amount of bubbling going, continue breaking up the turkey until you have reached your desired consistency.
- If it's not saucy enough for you add some water, this will mix with everything else and can help, otherwise continue simmering, seasoning, and tasting every 15 minutes.
- Once a thick sauce has been formed with the turkey incorporated and you are happy with the seasoning spoon onto buns and eat with your sides.
As usual all weight/calories/protein for things like meat are taken in an uncooked state and will be noted as such since there's too many variables. All nutrition values are taken from a Google search such as yellow onion nutrition. This means that nutritional counts may be slightly inaccurate, these are all approximations.